Monday, August 28, 2017

Bless Box Review ~ August 2017



Bless Box is a women's monthly subscription box curated by Sazan Hendrix; a beauty/lifestyle/fashion guru.


Cost: $29.00/month + $7.50 ($38.50 total)
Shipping: U.S. and Worldwide
Product Focus: Fashion, beauty, and health

The box provided a card introducing this months theme: endless summer.  the card has a link to the website which lists all the products.


The box also included this card to get 2 months free from the Simple Habit website (valued at $19.99):





 The contents:






 Popchips Potato Ridges in tangy barbeque- Value $.87

I was very hungry and ate this snack sized bag immediately.  They had a strong BBQ flavor which I enjoyed, although I'm more of a sour cream & onion girl myself.  I've always been a fan of popchips and their crispy/crunchy texture.






Differin Gel,.5 oz- Value $10.99


I was excited to see this in the box.  It used to only be available through prescription.  I remember using this for acne in high school.  Although it was mildy effective at the time, the topical treatment was no match for my hormones.



Over the past year (at the ripe age of 30!), my acne has finally calmed down and I only get the occasional pimple, so this will be perfect for my skin now and I'll definitely use it.



 Manna Beauty Simplified Glo Illuminator .67 oz- Value $29.00.

This brand is completely new to me.  The container says "step 3", and I'm guessing steps 1 & 2 are primer & concealer.  According to the website, this is an incandescent highlighter that can be used on the face (mixed with foundation or alone) and the body to create a "youthful glow and dewy finish".  Skin goals!  




The website describes this as a lip gloss, primer, and stain all in one, with a smooth application that lasts for hours while keeping the lips hydrated.  The color is Sienna which is a mild chestnut rose.  Since this color doesn't complement my skin tone, it will be another nice addition to the swap pile.



$20.00 for makeup cleansing cloths seems pretty steep to me.  That being said, I always need more of these and am always happy to see them in subscription boxes.  I've never tried this brand before so I'm excited to see how they stack up to the $4.00 cleansing cloths that I buy from Target.  The combination of Jojoba Oil, Aloe Vera Juice, and Oat Extract is gentle enough to be used on eyes.


Maybelline Face Studio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter, Shade #100: Molten Gold- Value $9.99.

This product has received raving reviews on multiple sites.  I am on ban island for being too "highlighter happy", but this looks like a beautiful shade that will be quickly snatched up from the swap pile.





I had a difficult time figuring out what this was at first, but I realized that it's a type of protein powder.




80 calories and 18 grams of protein?! Those macros are amazing.  This may be the most exciting product in the box.  This beauty water is intended to enhance skin, hair, and nails; improve energy, and boost joint health.  The website recommends blending into lattes or teas or stirring into your favorite muffin recipe.  I can't wait to try this!


Relax bless the body bath soak, 4.5 oz- Value ??

This was exclusively crafted by Bless Box.  The packaging is beautiful and I love pink sea salt.  I'm more of a bubble bath person over a bath soak person so this may be another thing that ends up in the swap pile or gets regifted.

Review: The box costs $38.50 with shipping and the August box has a value of $111.00 excluding the cost for bath soak.  If I could find the value for the bath soak than the value would be even higher.  This is a great deal in value alone, and I am genuinely impressed with the variety of lifestyle items and the new brands.  I was pleasantly surprised and am excited to see what the future holds for this new subscription box.

No comments:

Post a Comment