Friday, March 1, 2013

Colors that I never thought I'd like

I'm back after a long haitus! I wish I could say that I was doing something useful/ exciting, but unfortunately, my nail polish collection has grown exponentially and I've just been reading and writing the 92389284 papers that grad school requires.  Anyway, onto something less depressing! Since I've been gone so long, this post has 5 polishes in one entry! If you told me that I would ever be wearing these polishes 6 months ago, I would have laughed at you... But then again, I have total nail polish ADD..








This first one is OPI- Don't Talk Bach to Me! From the Germany collection.  It's a shade darker than a green apple.  Very trendy.  I got this as a gift when a woman in my office came in and gave me some old nail polishes that she never wore anymore.  This was the first polish that caught my eye.  It's an interesting polish, and I may even wear it again!  The formula is really good, and only requires 1 coat for full opacity.  It dries with a matte finish.  Below are two coats+ 1 coat of seche vite.
OPI- Don't Talk Bach to Me! In doors, without flash.  P.S.  Can you believe that my nails were this long at one point?!

OPI- Don't Talk Bach to Me! In doors, with flash

OPI- Don't Talk Bach to Me! Close-up, in doors, with flash.  I did a bad job cleaning up my cuticles!

OPI- Don't Talk Bach to Me! In doors, with flash.

OPI- Don't Talk Bach to Me! In doors, without flash

OPI Don't Talk Bach to Me! In doors, without flash.




Up next is Essie- Armed and Ready, from the Go Overboard Collection last spring.  I had actually been coveting this polish for a while.  It's a very chiq gray/green shimmer.  The formula was a B-.  I kept getting bubbles, and it was slightly uneven.  it was hard to see the shimmer without the flash.  This was also right after I decided to take matters into my own hands and cut my nails with a nail cutter... bad idea! I used 3 coats to even it out.  Below is 3 coats+ 1 coat Seche Vite.

Essie- Armed and Ready- In doors, with flash.

Essie- Armed and Ready, in doors, without flash

Essie- Armed and Ready- indoors, with flash.

 Third up is Essie- Tart Deco, from the Art of Spring collection in 2010.  I was surprised to hear that it was from 2010... I don't remember tangerine-y colors being popular during 2010 at all.. anyway, THIS is on my top 10 list.  It's a shimmery tangerine-y color that looks orange until you put it next to something that definitely IS orange.  This is a more wearable version of orange. It's slightly darker than the color of easy mac.  This is a PERFECT summer color.  The formula is nice, no bubbles, and is opaque with two coats.  It was a bit difficult to photograph, and the shimmer is much more intense with the flash on than it is in real life.  Below is 3 coats of Tart Deco+ 1 coat of Seche Vite.

Essie- Tart Deco- in the dark with the flash on.

Essie- Tart Deco, in dim lighting, without the flash.

Essie- Tart Deco- in dim light, with the flash.

Essie-Tart Deco, in dim light, with the flash.

Essie- Tart Deco, in dim light, without the flash.

Essie- Tart Deco, in doors, normal lighting, without the flash.


Essie- Tart Deco, in doors, normal lighting, with the flash.

Up next is OPI- Warm and Fozzie from the Muppets Collection last year.  I've never been a fan of shades like this, but I saw my office mate wearing a similar shade, and it was definitely on my radar when I got a manicure.  It's definitely a cute shade.  I might even go out and by OPI- A Women's Prague-itive because it looks pretty similar to this, and I can see myself wearing this shade more in the future.

OPI- Warm and Fozzie

OPI- Warm and Fozzie

 And now, the best for last: Essie- Don't Sweater It.  This is one of my all time FAVORITE colors.  I've worn it more than once, which really says a lot.  It's described as mauve, but I would say it has mixes of gray and taupe in there too.  I LOVE this polish, the color has so much depth, and it's so shiny, even without top coat.  It's a great neutral color for fair skin.  The only downside is that the formula can be kind of uneven at times.  It's a one coater, but I used 3 coats to even it out.  Below are 3 coats+ 1 coat of seche vite.  Look, my nails are finally growing out of the awkward stage!

Essie- Don't Sweater It, in dim lighting, without the flash

Essie- Don't Sweater It, in dim lighting, with the flash.

Essie- Don't Sweater It, in dim lighting, with the flash.

Essie- Don't Sweater it, in dim lighting, without the flash.
And there you have it.  I promise I won't go on a long hiatus again! What are your favorite ugly trendy colors?

-ch

No comments:

Post a Comment