Sunday, January 13, 2013

Mariah Carey Liquid Sand Swatches

The newest nail polish trend is said to be liquid sand, which is gritty glitter with a matte finish.  Actually, this liquid sand finish is so new, that I'm not sure it has reached "trend" status yet... The polish is meant to be gritty, and should be worn without a top coat.  When I saw that the newest liquid sand polishes from the Mariah Carey collection were available in a package with 4 mini bottles, I knew that I had to have them!

I have only used Can't Let Go, and Get Your Number so far.  The finish is definitely as described.  These polishes dry with a lot of texture.  The formulas in both polishes were amazing and super easy to apply.  You definitely need 3 coats to see the build up of the sunken glitter and other objects.  Drying time was really fast, faster than any of the cremes that I have tried.  As I'm sure you can imagine, getting these polishes off was quite an ordeal.  Can't Let Go was about the same as any other glitter polish.  Get Your Number was a NIGHTMARE.  Definitely soak your fingers in nail polish remover for at least 30 seconds.  Anyway, onto the pictures! I used 3 coats of polish in each picture.

Can't Let Go:

In natural light, with the flash
More pictures after the break:


In shade, without flash

In sunlight, with flash

With seche vite top coat, in sunlight, without flash







With seche vite topcoat, in sunlight, without flash


Get Your Number:

In Shade

In Natural Light, with flash

In sunlight, without flash

In sunlight, with flash

In sunlight, without flash

In sunlight, with flash

In sunlight, without flash

In sunlight, without flash

With seche vite topcoat, in sunlight, with flash


With seche vite topcoat, in sunlight, without flash

With seche vite topcoat, close up

With seche vite topcoat, in dark, with flash

With seche vite topcoat, in natural light, without flash

With seche vite topcoat, in shade, without flash

I enjoy the depth and the sunken glitter in other objects.  However, I think these polishes may be a little but too young for me.  My mother told me that my nails looked like a 16-year olds, and I have to agree with her about that.  What do you think of the liquid sand finish? Do you like it better with or without topcoat?

-ch




2 comments:

  1. I initially didn't want any of the liquid sand polishes, but 'Get Your Number' looks so pretty! I may have to visit my nearest Ulta sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely a glitter bomb with lots of hidden depth, definitely a sweet 16 party kind of color haha.... the mini's are a good way to go!

    ReplyDelete